- Access the venous system via a jugular approach. Filters can only be retrieved via the jugular vein.
- Insert a Pig cava catheter, and perform an angiogram (Usually 15 ccs/sec for 30 cvs)
- Exchange the catheter for the sheath, after dilation of the tract.
- Extend the snare from the tip of the sheath and capture the filter's hook under fluoro.
- With gentle back tension on the snare, advanced the sheath over the filter so until the filter is fully within the sheath.
- Retrieve the entire system and withdraw it from the neck. Be careful as you cross through the right atrium
- Hold gentle manual pressure over the neck venotomy site.
|Retrievable IVC Filter|